Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sometimes I summer in the Burg...

With one sibling living in, arguably, the hipster belly of the east coast, I only tend to make out there during the summer. I love going there to have my sister show new places to see shows, get tattoos, have a meal, or go thrifting. A dear friend of mine from high school started going to NYU two years ago. His first dorm was in Manhattan, then he moved to Chindatown, and finally he moved to the Burg over the summer. I began to notice with each month of him living in the Burg his clothes got a little tighter and his barely-beard status was more present with each week. I was annoyed and struck with admiration by his style, I can't lie. I saw it as obnoxious, yet encouraging to incorprate these trends into my own style. We were in bands together in high school, but we split up in college and each started separate projects. Nowadays, without a doubt, he looks like he is in a Burg band. Now the following clip does not share my own personal views on hipsterdom or the stereotypes that come with such a group, but I found it entertaining, so here ya go:

No comments:

Post a Comment